1. Skips must not be loaded higher than the sides as the skip. It is illegal to transport overloaded skips.
2. All skip/bin and container sizes are approximate
3. Service prices will be quoted at the time of enquiry/booking. By placing an order the Hirer accepts the quoted price.
4. With very few exceptions, roll-on roll-off bins and certain skips are subject to excess tipping charges upon exchange and collection. Charging rates will be quoted at the time of enquiry/booking. By placing an order the Hirer accepts these charging rates
5. Section 34(1) of The Environmental Protection Act 1990 requires that a description of the type of waste (to be placed in the skip) be given. This description must be given at the time of booking each service.
6. The following materials must not be placed in skips/roll-on roll-off containers without the prior notification and agreement of Countrywide Waste Management.
- Asbestos material of any kind; bonded or fibrous
- Substances hazardous to health or subject to The Hazardous Waste Regulations (England and Wales) 2005/The Special Waste Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2004 or other appropriate law.
- Any liquids of any kind, whether contained or not
- Any material or liquid which could adhere to the skip or damage it in any way.
- Cans, drums or containers of any kind
- Medical waste or animal carcasses of any kind
- Any other material or liquid, not listed above, however, considered unsuitable for containment with a skip.
7. The hirer of the service accepts full responsibility for the safe storage / use and for any loss or damage caused to any item hired as a result of the hire. This includes loss or damage caused by third parties e.g. theft or fire damage.
8. Section 139 (1) of the 1980 Highways Act requires that permission be obtained from the relevant Highway Authority before a skip / container is deposited on the public highway. Unless otherwise stated, it is the Hirers responsibility to obtain permission and to indemnify Countrywide Waste Management Ltd against any charges or penalties arising from non-compliance with this legislation. In the event Countrywide Waste Management Ltd obtains permission, the Hirer still accepts responsibility for the skip / container and any penalty charges.
9. Section 139 (10) of The Highways Act 1980 requires the skip/container to be properly coned and lit. It is the Hirers responsibility to provide adequate lights and cones. The Hirer accepts any responsibility for any charges.
10. The Hirer accepts full responsibility for damage caused to private property during the provision of services off the public highway or on private property.
11. The Hirer accepts any other additional conditions set out on the service delivery ticket.
12. Our terms are strictly 30 days from end of month
13. In the event of overdue unpaid accounts, all services will be suspended immediately and all outstanding monies will become due.